January 2022 BRD Monthly
posted on January 01
Current COVID-19 Guidelines for In-Person Worship & Ministry
For more resources related to COVID-19 visit
Clergy Assessments & Year-end Statistical Reports
Please continue to complete these as you are able, and let Ruth know if you (as SPRC and/or Clergy) would like assistance with this process. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Statistical Reports are due January 31st.
After hearing thoughts and concerns from clergy on the complexity of the EZRA system, Bishop Carter and Mark King, Conference Statistician, have collaborated on a great simplification of filing the statistical report e-form, found here.
Anti-Racism Ethics Training
Spring antiracism clergy ethics training registration is now open. It is important to take advantage of these opportunities as they become available because spots are limited and this antiracism training is mandatory for all WNC appointed clergy.
This cycle offers online and in-person workshops. There are three Saturday only opportunities for part-time local pastors and laity.
January 9-21 • Zoom Dates Jan. 9, 14, 21
January 24-February 4 • Zoom Dates Jan. 24, 29, Feb. 4
January 31-February 12 • Zoom Dates Jan. 31, Feb. 5, 12
February 13-26 • Zoom Dates Feb. 13, 19, 26
February 28-March 12 • Zoom Dates Feb. 28, Mar. 5, 12
In-Person 2-Day Workshops: (10-6 each day)
April 1, 2 • Asheboro
May 6,7 • Charlotte
May 13,14 • Franklin
June 3,4 • West Jefferson
More information and registration is available here:
Ethics in Ministry (wnccumc.org)
2022 Annual Conference CDP Cohort Program
The Community Developers Program will be offering an Annual Conference CDP Cohort Program beginning February 2022!
The Community Developers Program (CDP) is a network of racial-ethnic congregations and communities throughout the United States committed to advancing the church’s capacity to be in mission in partnership with the communities where they are located.
The 2022 Annual Conference CDP Cohort Program will work directly with 5 annual conferences (1 conference per jurisdiction) in a cohort model with monthly meetings and coaching sessions. Each group will develop an implementation plan and will receive a grant up to $20,000 at the conclusion of the training sessions.
Applications must be submitted by January 7, 2022. Please contact Caroline Wood if you are interested in joining a cohort from the WNC Conference.
Attached are complete details, application, and more information on all the Global Ministries Grants for 2022.
March 7-10, join Bishop Ken Carter, Rev. Dr. Stephanie Moore Hand of Metro District, Rev. Dr. Michael Moynagh of Wycliffe Hall, Oxford, Rev. Dr. Michael Beck of the Florida Conference, and more for the 2022 Fresh Expressions Exponential.
The Orlando conference features over 200 speakers, 150 workshops, 20 pre-conference intensives, and 75+ networks and denominations. This year's theme is "Moving with the Spirit".
Find details and registration here.
The IRS has released the 2022 mileage rates for reimbursement.
- 58.5 cents per mile driven for business use, up 2.5 cents from the rate for 2021,
- 18 cents per mile driven for medical, or moving purposes for qualified active-duty members of the Armed Forces, up 2 cents from the rate for 2021 and
- 14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations; the rate is set by statute and remains unchanged from 2021.
Upcoming Dates & Events
- January 5: Apportionments Due
- January 15: 2022 WNCC Martin Luther King, Jr Commemoration
- January 16-19- 2022: The Big Silence Retreat
- January 17, 22, Feb 6, 20: Public Viewings of Navigating Jim Crow-Green Book and Oasis Spaces in North Carolina
- January 23-27: District Winter Leadership Training Webinar Series
- January 24-Feb 7: Online Course: The LSM Basic Course: Connecting and Serving During COVID-19