Lunch Conversations with Mark (District Superintendent, Missional Strategist)
1st & 3rd Tuesdays, Mark will be hosting leadership conversations via Zoom with pastors in the Blue Ridge District. All BRD pastors are welcome (not expected) to attend. The following are the topics for the next few weeks:
- Oct. 6 - "Asking Different Questions"
- Oct. 20 - "Taking Multiple Perspectives"
Mark will send a Zoom invitation the Monday before each conversation.
If you wish to contact Mark, please email him at email@example.com or call/text (828) 450-0597.
Fall Charge Conference Information
A web page has been created to host all information about 2020 Charge Conferences. This year they will all be held via Zoom, with the option to join via web or phone. To access the schedule, Zoom links, agenda, and instructions for completing forms, please visit this page: https://www.blueridgedistrictumc.org/2020chargeconferences.
Message for Laity
"As laity we are 99.2% of the church and our voices matter."
An inspiring message from the Association of Annual Conference Lay Leaders Executive Committee.
Called to Witness, Care, and Act; A Message for Laity in the UMC
As we navigate returning to on-site worship, please thoroughly consult the WNCC's Guidelines for In-Person Worship & Ministry During Covid-19.
Communicating about positive COVID-19 cases in the church is another area we should be careful to "do no harm." Oversharing or withholding information could both be potentially harmful.
Some considerations for clergy and church leaders:
- Consider who needs information on the positive COVID case. Does there need to be churchwide communication? Do you need to reach out to a small group? An individual?
- Share consistent, accurate information.
- Be transparent without breaching privacy. Avoid publicly sharing names without express permission.
- Follow the communication advice of your county/regional public health officials.
- Develop a response plan for answering questions from the congregation and community.
Emergency Response Team Deployment
The Alabama-West Florida and the Louisiana conferences both have current ERT requests open. If you have an ERT team available, please send our Disaster Response Coordinator the following information:
- Team Leader Name
- Team members (Name, age, email, phone number)
- ERT Experience
- Any specializations on team (professionals)
- Preference on location (Louisiana or Florida)
Once you submit this information, you will be connected with the hosting conference to further discuss deployment. Submitting this information does not guarantee deployment. All information and questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Journeying Together Colleague Conversations
Join a small group of colleagues (6 or 7 total) in a free, ongoing, facilitated colleague conversation via Zoom to share and grieve, find balance, learn, and grow. Click here to learn more about these groups.
Oct. 1, 2020 - Pisgah Legal Services 10th Annual Justice Forum