Transforming the lives of children and families impacted by poverty through collaboration with public schools.
Because each community is unique and many churches are engaged on some level, a local Congregations for Children Council is developed to determine current services and development of a plan to strengthen and deliver support with non-duplication of existing community services.
Primary Focus Areas
Poverty Awareness/Advocacy • K-3 Literacy • Basic Needs • Family Engagement
Support and training by the Western North Carolina Conference +
A grant given by The Duke Endowment can provide congregations with:
- Facilitated support, training, coaching and development at local, district and conference levels
- Community of faith and school partnership training
- Partnership “Plan of Action” development
- Poverty awareness seminars
- Poverty simulations
- Mentor management development training
- Support in development of summer food distribution through FDA Program
- Ongoing support, coaching and follow-up to continue to deepen and strengthen the focus and to move from GOOD to GREAT.
For more information, or if your congregation is interested in partnering with C4C toward relationships with schools in your area, contact:
For more information about Congregations4Children, visit their website.